Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try?
Symptoms of anxiety include:
- Nervousness, restlessness or feeling tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help you uncover the underlying causes of worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
Charelle is a Certified Clinical Anxiety Treatment Professional (CCATP) and has training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP).